PLEASE NOTE MEETING IS SHORTENED THIS WEEK TO ALLOW FORUM ATTENDEES TO GET TO OISE FOR THE ANIMAL RIGHTS SPEAKER SERIES EVENT.
- What ethical considerations should govern our treatment of animals?
- What creatures can be considered to have rights?
- Is the use of animals for food and clothing justified if the animals are treated well? What does “treated well” mean?
- How do you feel about zoos and aquaria? What standards ought to be applied to animals in them?
- What standards should be applied to animals used for research and testing? Does it matter what the purpose of the research is? (Medical, scientific or cosmetic?)
- How do humanist principles bear on these questions? Is there a humanist perspective distinct from a religious perspective?