1. Atheism is the absence of belief in the supernatural. Humanism is a philosophy that emphasises human agency and responsibility. What does humanism offer atheists regarding morals, ethics, and other important issues?
2. Most people are theists and belong to one of the world’s great religions. What guidance does humanism offer atheists regarding relationships with people of faith?
3. How do you think theists perceive atheists?
4. Religious people sometimes believe that morals can only come from a deity, and may even go so far as to allege that atheists have no morals. How does humanism counter these claims?
5. Does humanism offer any guidance as to the role of religion in a secular society?
6. Do you have any experience with discussing the alleged existence of a deity with a believer?
7. Does humanism offer any guidance for finding common cause with people of faith?